12 May 2008

sex toys, and the 80's come back with a vengeance

First things first: watch out America, the mullet is back, and it is coming your way. I know this is probably not welcome news to most of you, but rest assured that I have seen some particularly sweet variations, including dying the back part hot pink.

So, Stuttgart! The capital of Baden-Wuerttemberg was pretty cool, even though we picked the only two straight days to go that everything would be closed. But no worries! It turned out to be quite alot of fun. After arriving, I voted for taking a taxi to the hostel, got vetoed, and predicted that we would spend at least an hour walking around trying to find the place (which is what happened.) But it worked out, because we stopped to ask a really crazy-looking chick for directions, who, after pointing us vaguely along the right path, said "After you guys find the place, you should come meet me and some friends in front of the theater, we're going to be *insert German verb I didn't understand here.*"

So we did. Finally found the hostel, threw our crap down, and made our way to the theater where we met up Crazy-Looking Chick And Friends, and guess what they were doing? Juggling! And they of course wanted to know if any of us could juggle, which meant Tina got to demonstrate Sweet Juggling Skills, plus then we all got advice on tourist-y things to do. And that was how we made friends with a group of German jugglers.

For the rest of the day we didn't really do much, just ran around like morons in the grounds of the castles. That night we all decided to go out, but everyone took like 8 million years deciding on a place to go to (but we got whistled at by guys with hot pink mullets, which was really just special.). I found us a gay bar, a student bar, and an australian bar, and got voted down every time, until finally we found a place. It was quite nice actually, with really good cocktails, and on the way out I stopped to use the bathroom. Everything else was in use, so I just went into the handicapped bathroom, and what do I find there but a sex-toy vending machine.

For only five Euros, I could have taken my pick between a mini-vibrator, a vibrating ring, or a "surprise toy". But I was mostly just curious as to, is a) why was there a sex-toy vending machine in the first place, b) why was it only in the handicapped bathroom and c) what was the surprise toy?

I just don't understand. Seriously, the handicapped bathroom? They didn't even put ones in the other stalls for good measure, and I know because I checked (which, let me tell you, makes you feel a little uncomfortable on the inside.) I can't figure out why the bar would put a sex toy vending machine only there; like, do people frequently use the bigger stall to outlet their alcohol induced lust, and the bar thought maybe they could make a little cash off it? Or are they making some sort of bizarre statement?

Germany is weird.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...or just different!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Tina got to demonstrate Sweet Juggling Skills

Tina Juggles? Can Tina juggle and roll her stomach simultaneously?

Given that this is Germany we're discussing here, allow me to conjecture why the handicap stall had toys and the others did not: If one's kinky enough to do it with the PD, then they're also kinky enough to use toys as well. (Or so I'm told....)

--Bruce :)

Anonymous said...

Hey...I didn't know you can juggle! You must juggle for us when you come back to the States.

I'm leaving the rest of your blog post alone; I'm sure Chris will have lots to say about it... ;-P

-Jennifer

Unknown said...

I have no idea what the hell Jen is talking about.